Monday, September 10, 2012

26 weeks

Date night with hubby at Daytona Beach Pier. 
All that was left of my funnel cake. Love our date nights. 
26 weeks pregnant today! Josh is hoping that the nesting phase is over...but we both know it has only just begun. We painted the kitchen this weekend because my constant nagging finally paid off. As we both stood there covered in sanding dust and dreading the task before us, I couldn't help but realize how much I love my husband. He would do anything for me. 24 hours later, our kitchen was complete and everything was put back in place. I love the modern feel of the gray walls and Josh loves the fact that I can't beg him to paint anymore.

Pregnancy Updates:

Size of Baby: Little Peanut is 14 to 14.8 inches long. He/she weighs about 1.5 to 2.2 pounds.

Clothing: Stuck in the maternity clothes labyrinth. My belly has grown tremendously in the last 2 weeks. Most of my pre-pregnancy shirts no longer cover the baby bump. So, to spare everyone the unsightly view of the bare belly peaking out from beneath the tiny tees, I have graduated to the frumpy oversized maternity "smocks" for most of my wardrobe. Most of my maternity pants still make me look like I have "saggy" butt, but you take the good with the bad. They are sooooo much more comfortable than squeezing my growing body into skinny jeans.

Sleep: What's that? Between the 2-3 trips to the bathroom each night, the restless leg syndrome, the constant dreams, and the onset of a cold (let's hope it's just allergies) I don't get much sleep. Fortunately, my energy level is still quite high.

Cravings: Still nothing. Tonight I actually craved brownie sundaes. However, with the nagging irritated throat, and start of a cough, I chose some fat-free chocolate pudding instead.

Best Moment this week: HICCUPS! Our little peanut awoke at 5 am the other morning with the hiccups for the first time. Josh loved feeling the rhythmic beating.


No comments:

Post a Comment